Starts: Friday, Apr 23, 2021
Ends: Sunday, Apr 25, 2021
Are you the RoadKill King or Queen? Showcase your skills with your “roadkill” creation — or join us for a great weekend of “roadkill” cooking!
Sign Up for the contest via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at the office on Friday.
3 pm – 4 pm around the camp
- Roadkill tastings
- Best dish, best dish name, best site decor contests
4 pm – 7 pm @ the Barn
- RoadKill meal (see menu below!)
- Live Music featuring The Smugglers
- Run-Over Rabbit (Flank Steak)
- Chipmunk Stuffing (Dressing)
- Swirl of Squirrel (Mashed Potatoes)
- Opossum Pellets (Corn)
- Groundhog Guts (Spinach Maria)
- Tennessee Speed Bump (Rolls)
- Chunk of Skunk (Brownies)
*This will not be real roadkill or rodents. Contestants may fix any dish they like but it must be named after some kind of roadkill, i.e. squirrel brains, opossum pasta, groundhog guts, etc. Contestants’ dishes must be in bite size form for the tasting. Contestants will be judged by dish name, dish taste, and site decor. Prizes will be given to the Top 3 and People’s Choice. CRL will provide napkins, plates, and utensils for the tasting. CRL will provide a roadkill meal at the barn after the contest tasting.